As a doula, holistic childbirth educator, and mother, I’m frequently asked about what kinds of products are safe to use during pregnancy and for baby care. I always recommend 100% natural products that have multiple uses because when you have as many babies as I do, every dollar counts. But sometimes natural products can be difficult to find or costly, so I came up with a few recipes that are gentle on the skin as well as your budget:
Gentle Baby Wipes
What you need:
• 1 roll of thick paper towels
• 1 Tbsp Farmaesthetics Calendula Remedy Oil
• 2 Tbsp Farmaesthetics Almond Blossom Body Wash
• 1 empty baby wipe container
1. Boil 2 cups of water. Let cool.
2. While the water is cooling, cut one roll of paper towels in half with a knife. (Because you’re only using half of the paper towels, take out the cardboard core so the wipes pull out through the center of the container. Store the other half of the roll for later use.)
3. Mix water, Calendula Remedy Oil, and Almond Blossom Body Wash
4. Place paper towels in the empty container.
5. Pour the mixture over the paper towels and allow them to soak for 10 minutes.
6. Turn the container over to ensure even distribution of mixture and use as needed.
Cradle Cap Care
After washing baby’s hair with water, apply a dime size amount of Farmaesthetics Calendula Remedy Oil to the problem area on the scalp. Using a baby comb, gently comb away scales and flakes. Rinse baby’s hair again and re-apply Calendula Remedy Oil. Calendula heals the scalp and also helps prevent future bouts of cradle cap.
Post Partum Healing Pads
What you need:
• Farmaesthetics Fine Herbal Cleanser
• ESS Organic Tea Tree Essential Oil
• 2 Tbsp. pure witch hazel
• About 20 or 30 large cotton rounds
• Small plastic jar with lid
In a small bowl, blend 3 pumps of Fine Herbal Cleanser, 4 drops of tea tree oil, and the witch hazel. Place cotton rounds in storage container and pour mixture over them. After 10 minutes, turn jar over to distribute evenly. These are better than anything sold over the counter. I give them to all of my clients.